Miss Nora,
It seems like just yesterday I was writing this post about your first year of life. And here we are another year older.
It is amazing all that a little one learns between their first and second birthday. So much growth. It was after your first birthday that you started to walk. And then it was running. And now I can't even remember a time when you couldn't get around that way. You were always so independent and wanting to try and do all on your own.
And then there is the talking. Starting with such simple words as mama and dada and your favorite word of all, Anna. And then we progressed into more complex words like grandma and grandpa although you like to tease Grandma a lot by saying every one's name but hers. And then you laugh. In fact you have quite a sense of humor. Every day when I pick you up from Mary's (if Anna isn't with me), she will ask you if you would say hello to Anna for her. And you quickly respond, "Noooooooo!" Sometimes she doesn't even get the whole question out before you answer. Gives us a good laugh each day. And then just the other day Anna was there when I picked you up and Mary asked if you would tell Daddy hello. You quickly responded "NO" and then continued to say that "Anna is right there Mary." You make me laugh so much.
I do love the words and now the two or three word sentences. Just the other night you said to me that something is "stinky". I hadn't heard that one before. You are all about telling people their name and who's turn it is. Like whose turn it is to go to bed. Funny how it is never your turn but always Anna, Mommy and Daddy. You are always telling me when you see a bus or a plane or if you want to go upstairs or downstairs.
You are a pretty good sleeper, once you go to bed. Sometimes we have to let you cry it out for a little bit before you eventually go to sleep. There are nights when you will wake up in the middle of the night and not go back to sleep for a while but they are few and far between. Wondering what it will be like when we move you to a big girl bed?!?
I know I have written about this a lot but you continue to have an incredible love and bond with your sister. It still warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye frequently when I see you two together. I love how you celebrate together like when Anna rode her two wheel bike for the first time. Or how you cry together when Anna comes running to you when you are hurt. I pray that those moments continue and that you two will be best friendsn forever.
I can't even put to words how much we love you and how much joy you bring to our lives. I continue to thank God every day for you. I pray that you will always know our love for you and that you grow to know God and feel his love too! As I think back to all the trials we went through to have you and then I look at your beautiful face - I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
We love you Nora Grace! To the moon and back and forever and always!
Love,
Mom
The Tale of the Starfish
5 days ago



1 comments:
She cannot be two already!
Happy Birthday to your big girl.
Post a Comment